By Anthony Koleske
Abl family members Kinases in improvement and affliction presents an summary of the features of Abl family members kinases in improvement and ailment. This new identify discusses the biochemical, genetic, and mobilephone organic facts that elucidate the mobile roles for those kinases in those approaches.
Read Online or Download Abl Family Kinases in Development and Disease (Molecular Biology Intelligence Unit) PDF
Similar physiology books
Key profit: "Human body structure: An built-in method "broke floor with its thorough insurance of molecular body structure seamlessly built-in right into a conventional homeostasis-based platforms strategy. The newly revised 5th variation has been considerably up-to-date all through and lines considerably revised paintings and operating difficulties within the booklet and at the reader significant other site.
Countless numbers of perform difficulties that can assist you ace anatomy and body structure Are you flummoxed by means of phalanges, stymied through the scapula, or puzzled by way of pulmonary capillaries? glance no extra. subject by means of subject and challenge to challenge, Anatomy & body structure Workbook For Dummies, second version bargains thousands of perform difficulties, memorization tips, and research tips on how to assist you rating greater on your anatomy and body structure direction.
Body structure, habit, Genomics of Social bugs presents accomplished info at the social insect teams defined, together with new and certain studies on rising version social organisms. The book's interdisciplinary procedure integrates habit, genomics, and body structure, offering readers with nice insights into the current kingdom of a speedily increasing region of analysis.
- Alzheimer's Disease: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Medicine)
- The Plasma Proteins. Structure, Function, and Genetic Control
- Articular cartilage tissue engineering
- Nitric Oxide and the Kidney: Physiology and Pathophysiology
- The Nervous System, Circulation, and Respiration
- Advances in Conjugated Linoleic Acid Research
Additional info for Abl Family Kinases in Development and Disease (Molecular Biology Intelligence Unit)
Disruption of p53/Mdm2 complex by ATM-mediated phosphorylation events contributes to p53 activation and the induction of the expression of genes such as Puma and Noxa. The functional interaction of Abl and p53 is suggested by several observations. ^5'^^ The human ABL protein might directly associate with p53 to enhance its transactivating function. Excessive overproduction of Abl causes the inhibition of DNA replication in mouse fibroblasts, and this cytostatic effect of Abl is abrogated by the inactivation of p53, either through gene knockout or through the expression of HPV-E6 oncoprotein.
79. Lin YH, Park ZY, Lin D et al. Regulation of cell migration and survival by focal adhesion targeting of Lasp-1. J Cell Biol 2004; 165(3):421-432. 80. Tybulewicz VL, Crawford CE, Jackson PK et al. Neonatal lethality and lymphopenia in mice with a homozygous disruption of the c-abl proto-oncogene. Cell 1991; 65(7):1153-1163. 81. Li B, Boast S, de los Santos K et al. Mice deficient in Abl are osteoporotic and have defects in osteoblast maturation. N a t Genet 2000; 24(3):304-308. 82. Koleske AJ, Gifford A M , Scott M L et al.
The oncogenic BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase is defective in nuclear import and functions as an inhibitor of apoptosis in the cytoplasm. If allowed to function in the nucleus, BCR-ABL also induces cell death. Abl interacts with several different types of death effectors. However, the precise mechanism by which Abl tyrosine kinase regulates cell death remains to be determined. Introduction The mammalian Abl tyrosine kinase is ubiquitously expressed: Abl mRNA and protein are found in all tissues and cell types examined, from embryonic stem cells to mature spermatids.
Abl Family Kinases in Development and Disease (Molecular Biology Intelligence Unit) by Anthony Koleske