By Joel Scambray
Enforce bulletproof e-business protection the confirmed Hacking uncovered way
Defend opposed to the newest Web-based assaults by means of taking a look at your internet functions in the course of the eyes of a malicious intruder. absolutely revised and up-to-date to hide the newest net exploitation thoughts, Hacking uncovered net purposes, moment Edition indicates you, step by step, how cyber-criminals aim weak websites, achieve entry, scouse borrow severe info, and execute devastating assaults. all the state-of-the-art threats and vulnerabilities are lined in complete element along real-world examples, case reports, and battle-tested countermeasures from the authors' reports as grey hat protection professionals.
• learn how hackers use infrastructure and alertness profiling to accomplish reconnaissance and input susceptible systems
• Get info on exploits, evasion strategies, and countermeasures for the most well-liked net systems, together with IIS, Apache, personal home page, and ASP.NET
• examine the strengths and weaknesses of universal net authentication mechanisms, together with password-based, multifactor, and unmarried sign-on mechanisms like Passport
• See how you can excise the guts of any net application's entry controls via complicated consultation research, hijacking, and fixation techniques
• locate and attach enter validation flaws, together with cross-site scripting (XSS), SQL injection, HTTP reaction splitting, encoding, and distinct personality abuse
• Get an in-depth presentation of the most recent SQL injection concepts, together with blind assaults, complicated exploitation via subqueries, Oracle exploits, and more suitable countermeasures
• know about the most recent XML net prone hacks, internet administration assaults, and DDoS assaults, together with click on fraud
• journey Firefox and IE exploits, in addition to the most recent socially-driven consumer assaults like phishing and spyware
Read Online or Download Hacking Exposed™ Web applications PDF
Best hacking books
CD and DVD Forensics will take the reader via all points of dealing with, studying, and processing CD and DVD proof for laptop forensics. At a time the place facts forensics is turning into an enormous a part of legislation enforcement and prosecution within the public region, and company and procedure defense within the inner most region, the curiosity during this topic has simply all started to blossom.
Via profiles of person sufferers and corporations, this exploration of cyber crime identifies the widely used felony equipment, akin to viruses, unsolicited mail, and junk e mail, and the criminal rights of clients in contrast more and more overseas phenomenon. outdated criminals are waking as much as the recent possibilities and exponential payback of net crime, adapting schemes like blackmail and funds laundering to this big new panorama.
This publication includes one of the most up to date info on hand at any place on a large choice of issues concerning Techno safeguard. As you learn the booklet, you will see that the authors took the method of picking out a few of the hazards, threats, and vulnerabilities after which discussing the countermeasures to handle them.
Hacking Politics is a firsthand account of ways a ragtag band of activists and technologists overcame a $90 million lobbying desktop to defeat the main severe risk to net freedom in reminiscence. The publication is a revealing examine how Washington works this present day - and the way voters effectively fought back.
Written through the center net figures - video players, Tea Partiers, tech titans, lefty activists and usual americans between them - who defeated a couple of precise curiosity debts known as SOPA ("Stop on-line Piracy Act") and PIPA ("Protect IP Act"), Hacking Politics offers the 1st unique account of the fantastic, grand chaos that ended in the loss of life of that laws and helped foster an Internet-based community of novice activists.
Included are greater than thirty unique contributions from around the political spectrum, that includes writing by way of net freedom activist Aaron Swartz; Lawrence Lessig of Harvard legislations college; novelist Cory Doctorow; Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA. ); Jamie Laurie (of the alt-rock/hip-hop staff The Flobots); Ron Paul; Mike Masnick, CEO and founding father of Techdirt; Tiffiniy Cheng, co-founder and co-director of struggle for the long run; Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit; Nicole Powers of Suicide women; Josh Levy, net crusade Director at unfastened Press, and lots of extra.
- Penetration Testing Essentials
- The Car Hacker's Handbook: A Guide for the Penetration Tester
- Mac mini Hacks & Mods For Dummies
- Hacking Vim 7.2
- HackNotes(tm) Web Security Pocket Reference
Additional resources for Hacking Exposed™ Web applications
It is trivial to obtain the directory structure for the public portion of the site. After all, the application is designed to be surfed. However, don't stop at the parts visible through the browser and the site's menu selections. The web server may have directories for administrators, old versions of the site, backup directories, data directories, or other directories which are not referenced in any HTML code. Try to guess the mind-set of the administrators and site developers. For example, if static content is in the /html directory and dynamic content is in the /jsp directory, then any cgi scripts may be in the /cgi directory.
These are used in many applications. Just by knowing how they work and how they feel will help you to quickly recognize their presence when assessing a site. txt By searching every folder and subfolder in a site, you might just hit on plenty of useful information that will tell you what applications and versions they're running and a nice URL that will lead you to a download page for software and updates. txt). Most administrators or developers will follow a default install or unzip the entire contents of the archive right into the web root.
While in theory all of the target's servers should be replicated identically and no response from any of the servers should be different than any other, this just simply isn't the case in the real world. And even though the application may be identical on all servers, its folder structure (this is very common), patch levels, and configurations may be different on each server where it's deployed. For example, there may be a "test" folder left behind on one of the servers, but not on the others. This is why it's important not to mess up any of your assessments by neglecting to identify load balancers.
Hacking Exposed™ Web applications by Joel Scambray